Dancers’ Career Development (DCD) has been supporting professional dance for over 40 years. We help dancers to make the often difficult transition from professional dancing to a new career by giving them the confidence and skills they need to keep working beyond dance.
DCD is the only organisation of its kind in the UK and is a world leader in dancer transition
Image: DCD Supported Dancer Amber Hunt DCD supported Amber, a dancer with English National Ballet, in her career as a professional photographer.
Our first newsletter of 2016 is here!
Catch up on all our latest news in our monthly enewsletter here
Help us ring in 2016 by giving just £10 towards our boundless appeal
We've had such a fantastic response from our friends and supporters, and now we need just a little more help to hit our target of £6,000. Thank you so much to everyone who has already donated.
The funds will help DCD to provide two Financial Retraining Grants, allowing professional independent dancers to expand upon their unique skills and strengths and gain additional experience and expertise in the career field of their choice.
Spread the word using #DCDBoundless.
Click here to watch our appeal film and donate.
DCD's Clore Open Afternoon & Q&A
We were delighted that DCD's Clore Open Afternoon & Q&A was packed to the rafters, with over 23 dancers attending the free, informal session at DCD's Transition Centre.
Thank you so much to Clore Fellows Toby Norman-Wright and Daniel de Andrade as well as to Clore Fellowship Manager Sharon Armstrong Williams who sat on a panel telling dancers about their own experiences during the Fellowship, offering practical information about how to apply and sharing with us their top tips.
The event was live tweeted using #DCDClore and a summary of Q&A and notes from the session are now available to all dancers who are interested, so please just contact Ellen to request your copy.
The information session came about as DCD announced that from 2016, for the first time, the eligibility criteria for the Clore Leadership Programme’s Dance Fellowship has been expanded to include independent dancers.
"I very much enjoyed the event and the energy of the room. Many thanks, DCD is doing great work!"
DCD, together with the Linbury Trust, supports the annual Clore Leadership Programme Dance Fellowship and will also be providing support for the Emerging Leaders and Short Courses - details to follow in 2016.
Applications for the Clore Leadership Programme’s Dance Fellowship are now open. The deadline is 12pm on Friday 12th February.
Click herehere to find out more.
2015 Year in Review
Just this past year, DCD has:
- Reached over 400 dancers through our transition support services
- Delivered over 150 transition coaching sessions and over 200 one to one consultations
- Held 3 EVOLVE workshops with over 50 dancers attending, including our first in Scotland
- Delivered 5 student workshops for The Royal Ballet School, English National Ballet School and Trinity Laban
- Awarded £210,000 in Financial Re-training Grants
- Raised over £95,000 through Trusts and Foundations, individual giving, boundless, Spotlight 10k run, London Marathon and Legacies - thank you!
- Welcomed a new Chair of the Board and one new member of staff
- Travelled to Seoul with Leanne Benjamin AM OBE where we were invited to speak at the International Symposium on Career Transition and to take part in the IOTPD Annual Conference
- Worked with the BBC to provide a support package to the 6 BBC Young Dancers Finalists
What an incredible year! Thank you to all our friends and supporters who helped make it all possible.
For more of DCD's latest news click here